How to Get Your Child Back from Temporary Custody

Our team has developed a reputation for being able to solve domestic disputes, regardless of how complicated. Our team of Family Solicitors regularly assist clients with Divorce, Child Custody and Domestic Violence matters.

Get Advice From Family Lawyers

Send us a confidential message. Our initial call is always a no-obligation consultation.

shutterstock_302905196 (1)

Get Your Child Back from Temporary Custody

Losing custody of your child can be a challenging and emotionally distressing experience. If your child is in temporary custody, it’s essential to understand the legal process and steps necessary to regain custody. At Wildings Solicitors, we provide valuable information to help you navigate this difficult situation and regain your child’s custody.

Our Family Law Solicitors specialise in a range of matters. Our team has developed a reputation for being able to solve domestic disputes, regardless of how complicated. Our team of Family Solicitors regularly assist clients with DivorceChild Custody and Domestic Violence matters.

We recognise that family disputes can be emotionally exhausting, so our solicitors go the extra mile to deal with all of the practical and financial stress on your behalf.

Book your initial consultation with our Solicitors today and find out how our team of experts can find a positive solution to your matter. Request a call back using the contact form, freephone 0330 333 8797 or email us at info@wildings-solicitors.co.uk.

Regaining Custody of Your Child from Temporary Custody

Reversing temporary custody arrangements involves a legal process and demonstrating to the court that it is in the child’s best interests to return to your care. Here are the key steps:

  1. Consultation with Solicitors: Seek advice from experienced family law solicitors who can evaluate your case, assess the reasons for temporary custody, and guide you through the legal process.

  2. Understanding the Reasons: Understand the reasons behind the temporary custody order. Address and rectify any issues that led to the court’s decision.

  3. Court Application: If you believe that it is in the child’s best interests to return to your care, you may need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangements Order or a variation of the existing order.

  4. Evidence and Documentation: Gather evidence and documentation that supports your case, demonstrating your ability to provide a stable and safe environment for your child.

  5. Court Hearings: Attend court hearings where both parties present their arguments, and the judge assesses whether it is in the child’s best interests to return to your custody.

  6. Court Orders: If the court determines that it is in the child’s best interests, they may issue orders that grant you custody or modify existing arrangements.

remorgage solicitors

Looking for a Family Solicitor?

Wildings Solicitors are a modern, forward looking law firm with a strong combination of skills and resources offering an extensive range of services to individuals and business clients.

Award Winning

We are a modern law firm that provides legal services to businesses, organisations and individuals.

Our Mission

To achieve the best possible outcome for our clients by delivering quality legal services.

Our Vision

To continue to develop our reputation for trustworthiness, respect for individuals, families and businesses.

shutterstock_302905196 (1)

Expert Guidance from Wildings Solicitors

Navigating the legal process to regain custody of your child from temporary custody requires expert guidance. Wildings Solicitors specializes in family law and can provide you with the support and advice you need during this challenging time.

Contact Us for a Consultation: If you are seeking to regain custody of your child from temporary arrangements, contact Wildings Solicitors for a consultation. Our experienced team is here to help you make the necessary legal arrangements to ensure your child’s well-being and happiness.

For compassionate and professional assistance in family law matters, reach out to us today.

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Quality Service

Wildings Solicitors is Lexcel Accredited. The Lexcel Accreditation is the Law Society’s quality mark for excellence in practice management.

In situations where an amicable solution cannot be reached through negotiation, our Child Custody Solicitors will be on hand to support you through every stage of Court proceedings. Our experienced Family Law team can assist you with:

  • Residence Orders
  • Contact Orders
  • Parental Responsibility Agreements
  • Specific Issue Orders
  • Prohibited Steps Orders

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Client Care

Family Law matters can be delicate. Along with offering you practical support and advice throughout your matter, our Child Custody Solicitors will always go the extra mile to reduce the strain placed upon you and your loved ones.

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Bespoke Service

What works for one family may not necessarily work for you. Our Solicitors reject the one-size-fits-all approach and instead focus on coming to a solution that is specific to the circumstances of you and your family.

Book your initial consultation with our Child Custody Solicitors in Birmingham & Manchester today. Freephone 0330 333 8797, request a callback or email info@wildings-solicitors.co.uk.

Questions You Might Have (FAQs)

General Quesitons

To begin the process, consult with a family law solicitor who can assess your case, provide legal guidance, and help you file the necessary court applications.

The court prioritizes the best interests of the child. Factors such as the child’s safety, well-being, and the ability of the parent to provide a stable environment are considered.

The duration of the legal process can vary based on the complexity of the case and court availability. It may take several months to complete.

While it is not mandatory, having legal representation is highly advisable. Solicitors can help you navigate the legal complexities, gather evidence, and present a strong case in court.

Yes, it is possible to modify existing custody arrangements through court applications. The court will assess whether the modification is in the child’s best interests.

Financial Related

The process for negotiating a financial settlement can be done in two ways. Firstly, if financial matters are agreed upon between both parties a finance consent order can then be drafted and filed with the court alongside the relevant paperwork.

On the other hand, if matters are not agreed upon between parties and where there is a financial dispute regarding assets and finances, it would then be recommended to go through the court process of obtaining a financial order. This process is generally quite lengthy and consists of financial hearings and full financial disclosure from both parties. Once a settlement is agreed a final order will then be granted.

If Children Involved

If you have a genuine fear that your ex-partner will not return the children back to you or the UK where they are usually resident, we will make an emergency application with the Family Courts for a Prohibited Steps Order.

Unfortunately, grandparents do not have parental rights and therefore an application needs to be made to the court initially. You will need to ask the court for permission to make an application for contact under Form C100. Our team is on hand to support you through such cases.

If you have parental responsibility, our family team can make an application to the family courts requesting a contact arrangement.

Here at Wildings, we would guide you through the process, whilst ensuring that we obtain the best and most effective result for you.

In such cases, we would initially recommend mediation. Should matters continue to not be resolved, we would then advise you on what application should be made to the court to finalise arrangements.

About Your Safety

If you are in fear for your safety or have experienced either physical, verbal, emotional, or psychological abuse, control, coercion, harassment or threatening behaviour, we are able to make an ex-parte non-molestation order to protect you from the forms of harassment above.  Should there be an occupational dispute concerning property, we are also able to make an application for an occupation order.

It is essential for us to give you right guidance, please do not delay to take the first step and contact us!

Request a Callback

Send us a confidential message. Our initial call is always a no-obligation consultation.

Visit us

862-864 Washwood Heath Rd, Ward End, Birmingham, B8 2NG

Get in Touch

0330 333 8797

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm