Can I Prevent the Other Parent from Seeing My Child?

Our team has developed a reputation for being able to solve domestic disputes, regardless of how complicated. Our team of Family Solicitors regularly assist clients with Divorce, Child Custody and Domestic Violence matters.

Get Advice From Family Lawyers

Send us a confidential message. Our initial call is always a no-obligation consultation.

shutterstock_302905196 (1)

Child Custody

Child custody and visitation issues can be emotionally charged and complex. Parents often wonder if they can prevent the other parent from seeing their child. It’s crucial to understand your rights and options in such situations. At Wildings Solicitors, we provide valuable information on this matter, helping you navigate the legal aspects of child custody and visitation.

Our Family Law Solicitors specialise in a range of matters. Our team has developed a reputation for being able to solve domestic disputes, regardless of how complicated. Our team of Family Solicitors regularly assist clients with DivorceChild Custody and Domestic Violence matters.

We recognise that family disputes can be emotionally exhausting, so our solicitors go the extra mile to deal with all of the practical and financial stress on your behalf.

Book your initial consultation with our Solicitors today and find out how our team of experts can find a positive solution to your matter. Request a call back using the contact form, freephone 0330 333 8797 or email us at info@wildings-solicitors.co.uk.

Can I Prevent the Other Parent from Seeing My Child?

In the United Kingdom, both parents typically have legal rights to access and spend time with their child, as long as it is in the child’s best interests. However, there are situations in which restricting access may be considered:

  1. Child’s Best Interests: Courts prioritize the best interests of the child above all else. If you believe that allowing visitation would harm your child physically or emotionally, you can raise concerns with the court.

  2. Safety Concerns: If you have genuine safety concerns about the other parent, such as a history of abuse or substance abuse issues, you can seek legal remedies to protect your child.

  3. Court Orders: Court orders, including restraining orders or non-molestation orders, can restrict the other parent’s access if necessary to ensure safety.

remorgage solicitors

Looking for a Family Solicitor?

Wildings Solicitors are a modern, forward looking law firm with a strong combination of skills and resources offering an extensive range of services to individuals and business clients.

Award Winning

We are a modern law firm that provides legal services to businesses, organisations and individuals.

Our Mission

To achieve the best possible outcome for our clients by delivering quality legal services.

Our Vision

To continue to develop our reputation for trustworthiness, respect for individuals, families and businesses.

shutterstock_302905196 (1)

Legal Process for Restricting Access

Restricting access to the other parent typically involves a legal process. Here are the key steps:

  1. Consultation with Solicitors: Seek advice from experienced family law solicitors who can evaluate your case, assess the need for restrictions, and guide you through the legal process.

  2. Court Application: In cases where safety concerns exist, you may need to apply to the court for specific orders, such as a Child Arrangements Order or a Prohibited Steps Order.

  3. Evidence and Documentation: Gather evidence, including police reports, medical records, or witness statements, to support your case for restricting access.

  4. Court Hearings: Attend court hearings where both parties present their arguments, and the judge makes decisions based on the evidence presented.

  5. Court Orders: If the court deems it necessary, it can issue orders that restrict or supervise visitation, ensuring the child’s safety.

Expert Guidance from Wildings Solicitors: Navigating child custody and visitation matters, especially when considering restrictions, can be legally complex. Wildings Solicitors specializes in family law and can provide expert guidance tailored to your specific situation.

Contact Us for a Consultation: If you have concerns about the other parent’s access to your child, or if you are seeking to restrict visitation due to safety or other valid reasons, contact Wildings Solicitors for a consultation. Our team is here to provide you with the legal support and advice you need to protect your child’s best interests.

For compassionate and professional assistance in family law matters, reach out to us today.

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Quality Service

Wildings Solicitors is Lexcel Accredited. The Lexcel Accreditation is the Law Society’s quality mark for excellence in practice management.

In situations where an amicable solution cannot be reached through negotiation, our Child Custody Solicitors will be on hand to support you through every stage of Court proceedings. Our experienced Family Law team can assist you with:

  • Residence Orders
  • Contact Orders
  • Parental Responsibility Agreements
  • Specific Issue Orders
  • Prohibited Steps Orders

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Client Care

Family Law matters can be delicate. Along with offering you practical support and advice throughout your matter, our Child Custody Solicitors will always go the extra mile to reduce the strain placed upon you and your loved ones.

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Bespoke Service

What works for one family may not necessarily work for you. Our Solicitors reject the one-size-fits-all approach and instead focus on coming to a solution that is specific to the circumstances of you and your family.

Book your initial consultation with our Child Custody Solicitors in Birmingham & Manchester today. Freephone 0330 333 8797, request a callback or email info@wildings-solicitors.co.uk.

Questions You Might Have (FAQs)

General Quesitons

Generally, both parents have legal rights to access their child. However, if there are safety concerns or other valid reasons, you may need to seek legal remedies through the court.

The court prioritizes the best interests of the child. Factors such as safety, emotional well-being, and the child’s wishes may be considered in making such decisions.

While it’s not mandatory, having a solicitor is highly advisable. Solicitors can help you navigate the legal process, gather necessary evidence, and present a compelling case in court.

Court orders that can restrict access include Child Arrangements Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders, or Non-Molestation Orders, depending on the circumstances.

Restrictions on access can be temporary or permanent, depending on the court’s assessment of the situation and the child’s best interests. The court may review and modify orders as needed.

Financial Related

The process for negotiating a financial settlement can be done in two ways. Firstly, if financial matters are agreed upon between both parties a finance consent order can then be drafted and filed with the court alongside the relevant paperwork.

On the other hand, if matters are not agreed upon between parties and where there is a financial dispute regarding assets and finances, it would then be recommended to go through the court process of obtaining a financial order. This process is generally quite lengthy and consists of financial hearings and full financial disclosure from both parties. Once a settlement is agreed a final order will then be granted.

If Children Involved

If you have a genuine fear that your ex-partner will not return the children back to you or the UK where they are usually resident, we will make an emergency application with the Family Courts for a Prohibited Steps Order.

Unfortunately, grandparents do not have parental rights and therefore an application needs to be made to the court initially. You will need to ask the court for permission to make an application for contact under Form C100. Our team is on hand to support you through such cases.

If you have parental responsibility, our family team can make an application to the family courts requesting a contact arrangement.

Here at Wildings, we would guide you through the process, whilst ensuring that we obtain the best and most effective result for you.

In such cases, we would initially recommend mediation. Should matters continue to not be resolved, we would then advise you on what application should be made to the court to finalise arrangements.

About Your Safety

If you are in fear for your safety or have experienced either physical, verbal, emotional, or psychological abuse, control, coercion, harassment or threatening behaviour, we are able to make an ex-parte non-molestation order to protect you from the forms of harassment above.  Should there be an occupational dispute concerning property, we are also able to make an application for an occupation order.

It is essential for us to give you right guidance, please do not delay to take the first step and contact us!

Request a Callback

Send us a confidential message. Our initial call is always a no-obligation consultation.

Visit us

862-864 Washwood Heath Rd, Ward End, Birmingham, B8 2NG

Get in Touch

0330 333 8797

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm