Our Family Law
Solicitors specialise in
a range of matters.

Our family solicitors can advise you on all aspects of family law including domestic violence.

Get Advice From Family Lawyers

Send us a confidential message. Our initial call is always a no-obligation consultation.

shutterstock_302905196 (1)

Family Law Solicitors Specialise in Domestic Violence

If you are the victim of domestic violence you need advice from a professional who you can trust. At Wildings Solicitors our Family Solicitors specialise in acting for the victims of domestic abuse.

All legal matters can seem daunting, but when an element of domestic violence is present in a relationship, this anxiety is increased drastically. We understand that you need a solicitor who you can trust so our Family Solicitors will go the extra mile to approach your matter with the professionalism and sensitivity required.

All cases of domestic abuse are different so our Domestic Violence Solicitors will take time to understand your situation, and your requirements, and produce a solution that works for you.

The Family Law team at Wildings Solicitors offers a free initial consultation for those who require legal assistance with domestic violence.

Our solicitor team is specialised in domestic violence cases. If you are experiencing domestic violence, please contact us as soon as possible for expert advice and support.

Contact our team for an initial no-obligation consultation today. Freephone 0330 333 8797, request a callback or email info@wildings-solicitors.co.uk

How Our Domestic Violence Solicitors Can Help

Domestic abuse comes in a variety of forms but always requires quick and effective action. Our Family Law Solicitors will be there to explain your options and support you throughout your matter.

In cases of domestic violence, we are able to make an application for a non molestation order and/or occupation orders, where required.  These orders provide protection to a victim of domestic abuse and any children, preventing harm or abuse by the perpetrator.  A lawyer can attend the return hearing to represent your cases.  In some cases, the matter may escalate to a contested hearing.  Due to the sensitive nature of such cases, a lawyer will provide advice and suitable alternatives, should the matter be contested.

There are different types of Court Orders available for the victims of Domestic Abuse. Depending on your situation, a Non-molestation Order or an Occupation Order can be ascertained through the courts to protect you from domestic violence. A member of our Family Law team will advise you on the best options to take and be there to support you throughout.

Due to the nature of domestic violence matters, there are often a great deal of other aspects involved to take into consideration. Our Family Law Solicitors act for clients in Child Custody, Divorce and Civil Partnership matters, so no matter how complex your situation, one of our Domestic Violence Solicitors will be able to offer you effective advice that works for you.

Our solicitor team is specialised in domestic violence cases. If you are experiencing domestic violence, please contact us as soon as possible for expert advice and support.

Please book your initial no-obligation consultation with our domestic violence specialists today. Freephone 0330 333 8797, request a callback or email info@wildings-solicitors.co.uk.

remorgage solicitors

Looking for a Family Solicitor?

Wildings Solicitors are a modern, forward looking law firm with a strong combination of skills and resources offering an extensive range of services to individuals and business clients.

Award Winning

We are a modern law firm that provides legal services to businesses, organisations and individuals.

Our Mission

To achieve the best possible outcome for our clients by delivering quality legal services.

Our Vision

To continue to develop our reputation for trustworthiness, respect for individuals, families and businesses.

transfer of deeds solicitor

Range Of Issues We Deal With

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Quality Service

 Wildings Solicitors is Lexcel Accredited. The Lexcel Accreditation is the Law Society’s quality mark for excellence in practice management.

In situations where an amicable solution cannot be reached through negotiation, our Child Custody Solicitors will be on hand to support you through every stage of Court proceedings. Our experienced Family Law team can assist you with:

  • Residence Orders
  • Contact Orders
  • Parental Responsibility Agreements
  • Specific Issue Orders
  • Prohibited Steps Orders

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Client Care

Family Law matters can be delicate. Along with offering you practical support and advice throughout your matter, our Child Custody Solicitors will always go the extra mile to reduce the strain placed upon you and your loved ones.

Why Wildings Solicitors?

Bespoke Service

What works for one family may not necessarily work for you. Our Solicitors reject the one-size-fits-all approach and instead focus on coming to a solution that is specific to the circumstances of you and your family.

Book your initial consultation with our Child Custody Solicitors in Birmingham & Manchester today. Freephone 0330 333 8797, request a callback or email info@wildings-solicitors.co.uk.

Questions You Might Have

General Quesitons

Our family lawyer at Wildings has a wealth of knowledge in family law matters ranging from a wide variety of areas. With years of experience, our family lawyer understands that empathy takes priority in such matters and therefore provides first-class service to all clients.

Divorces are taking approximately six months until the Final Order is granted. However, this would be dependent on if there was an ongoing financial matter in conjunction with the divorce. In such cases, it may take slightly longer as the Final Order will be applied for upon receipt of the Financial Order.

The use of a solicitor eliminates the emotional stress involved in family matters. Our friendly and professional family team is available to alleviate such pressures and will therefore work closely with you whilst offering you the best service.

Under the new divorce law it would be worthwhile to consider if a single application should be made or should a joint application be made. Joint applications can be made by both parties where there is amicability.  In joint applications, both parties have the option to split the costs involved the same.

No. Since the introduction of a ‘non-fault’ divorce in April 2022, the obligation to apply under the previous five criteria no longer exists. This concept has been initiated by Courts in order to promote amicability between parties. There is also now an option to make a ‘joint’ application for divorce. Our specialist family solicitor at Wildings is happy to provide a non-obligation 30-minute consultation.

As you will be cohabiting, cohabitation laws will apply under such circumstances. In such cases, we would advise parties to enter into a cohabitation agreement, outlining what the outcome could be should your relationship come to an end.

Unfortunately, the UK does not recognise a Nikkah as a legal marriage in the UK. Speak with our family lawyer today to establish if you are eligible to make a claim under the Trustees and Land of Appointments and Trustees Act.

Financial Related

The process for negotiating a financial settlement can be done in two ways. Firstly, if financial matters are agreed upon between both parties a finance consent order can then be drafted and filed with the court alongside the relevant paperwork.

On the other hand, if matters are not agreed upon between parties and where there is a financial dispute regarding assets and finances, it would then be recommended to go through the court process of obtaining a financial order. This process is generally quite lengthy and consists of financial hearings and full financial disclosure from both parties. Once a settlement is agreed a final order will then be granted.

If Children Involved

If you have a genuine fear that your ex-partner will not return the children back to you or the UK where they are usually resident, we will make an emergency application with the Family Courts for a Prohibited Steps Order.

Unfortunately, grandparents do not have parental rights and therefore an application needs to be made to the court initially. You will need to ask the court for permission to make an application for contact under Form C100. Our team is on hand to support you through such cases.

If you have parental responsibility, our family team can make an application to the family courts requesting a contact arrangement.

Here at Wildings, we would guide you through the process, whilst ensuring that we obtain the best and most effective result for you.

In such cases, we would initially recommend mediation. Should matters continue to not be resolved, we would then advise you on what application should be made to the court to finalise arrangements.

About Your Safety

If you are in fear for your safety or have experienced either physical, verbal, emotional, or psychological abuse, control, coercion, harassment or threatening behaviour, we are able to make an ex-parte non-molestation order to protect you from the forms of harassment above.  Should there be an occupational dispute concerning property, we are also able to make an application for an occupation order.

It is essential for us to give you right guidance, please do not delay to take the first step and contact us!

Request a Callback

Send us a confidential message. Our initial call is always a no-obligation consultation.

Visit us

862-864 Washwood Heath Rd, Ward End, Birmingham, B8 2NG

Get in Touch

0330 333 8797

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm